Personalized Legal Counsel Designed To Deliver Effective Results
Land Use & Zoning
Our zoning practice encompasses a wide range of issues, including:
- Rezoning: We assist clients in petitioning local governments for changes to zoning maps and ordinances, including counseling clients on likely outcomes, advocacy to municipal staff, elected officials and local interest groups.
- Special Use Permits and Variances: Our lawyers represent clients before quasi-judicial boards including boards of adjustments, historic district commissions and planning boards in order to obtain necessary permits and entitlements.
- Zoning Violations: We represent clients in appealing zoning violations, negotiating resolutions and litigating appeals.
- Building Code Violations: We advise clients on methods for resolving violations of building codes and other municipal ordinances.
- Public Meetings: We assist clients in setting up and managing necessary public meetings where required or advisable to obtain entitlements.
- Opposition: Our lawyers assist individuals and groups seeking to oppose zoning approvals, including advice on whether the opposer has standing to challenge the decision, representation of opposers at hearings, and strategies for appeal of approved permits.
- Municipal Representation: We assist municipal clients in structuring zoning codes and processes to encourage growth while also retaining the city’s vision.